Well, I have finally arrived to my new home! After almost a month of training and feeling like I might never reach the ship, I am here and received quite the welcome as you can see from the video. It was a good time. All the ships crew were waiting for us when we arrived and lined the hallways and staircases as we came in, it was crazy! We all gathered in the logos lounge where we were officially greeted and received our cabin keys and everything. After dinner the party started! We all met back in the logos lounge where the percussion team did a routine for us, we had cake and ice cream, watched a short drama, had some music, watched a group do a stomp/hip hop routine for us, and then everyone prayed for us. The crew lined up around the room and put their hands together up in the air creating a tunnel for us to walk through. As we made our way through the tunnel of people they prayed for us as we walked by. It was really cool, and then we ended the night with a dance. I have determined that the Logos Hope culture is a culture that loves to dance, all the more exciting for me! We spent the rest of the evening doing all kinds of irish dances. The only one I remember the name for was the Virginia Reel and I only remember it because I had done that dance before many many years ago at a soldiers ball. The night was very tiring but we had a blast! We are finishing our last week of training right now onboard the ship. It is our basic safety training where we learn things like first aid, CPR, the different ship alarms and emergency procedures, fire safety skills, how to flip a life raft, how to turn our clothing into flotation devises in case of falling overboard or having to abandon ship, and all that other kind of fun stuff! At the end of each day we are tested on the material we covered. I actually have a day off on monday, one more day of training on tuesday when we will actually be getting into the lifeboats and lowering them down, and then I will be finding out my job and starting work on wednesday! Be looking for pictures of my cabin and news on my job assignment in the next couple of weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! How cool is that. Was great to see the video and actually get a quick look at the ship! You must have all felt like quite the celebrities!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!! I had tears of joy creep out of my eyes for you as I watched the video...incredible! And the dancing....sounds perfect for you! Can't wait to hear more updates!
ReplyDeletei saw you! i saw you!!!! yea:) that made me happy. Irish dancing.....aahhhhhh:)
ReplyDeleteSo amazing!! Looks like college on water to me!! Be safe!!! LY!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you! Heather said this morning that she dreamed about you last night and she got to actually hug you in the dream. :) She was not happy when Emily woke her from the dream. Have fun with the training. You'll have to teach us some new moves when you get back. HA!! Love you!!
ReplyDeleteGod is so good. He is so totally giving you the desires of your heart because you delight in Him. What an awesome God we serve. Love you so much and its so great to "see" you so full of joy. mom
ReplyDelete